map-marker New Albany, Indiana

Deep cleaning wasn't clean or Deep. Floor is dull looking. Tile is sticky. Very disappointing.

Too much money for what I received. 3 ladies cleaning for 2 hours and not thoroughly clean. Nothing shines. Really just a, you should pardon the expression, half-assed job. I will have to re-clean my floors. Very disappointed.fibdFind

User's recommendation: Find another cleaner, someone who is on their own.

| map-marker London, England

Mr Rolfe - Merry Maids of Kingston

I am writing to formally express my deep concerns and dissatisfaction with my recent employment experience under Mr. Rolfe's management.

During my brief tenure of 10 days, I observed several issues that raised serious doubts about the professionalism and ethical standards within the company.

These concerns primarily revolve around the laxity in document verification processes, including right-to-work checks and passport scrutiny, which are crucial for compliance with UK laws and policies.

Moreover, the lack of emphasis on health and safety measures, particularly in the absence of proper first aid procedures, creates an environment where employees might find themselves at risk in case of emergencies. This negligence is alarming and should be addressed promptly.

Additionally, the unprofessional response to negative reviews on public platforms, as evidenced by Mr.

Rolfe's reaction to a client's feedback, is concerning. A dismissive attitude towards customer reviews reflects poorly on the company's commitment to customer satisfaction and professionalism.

Megan L Pkk
map-marker Colorado Springs, Colorado

Absolute horrible management

COLORADO SPRINGS MERRY MAIDS

I highly recommend any other employment. My second day of work there was a shooting outside the building and the man lost his life.

When I asked my manager what happened she said "oh it was just the last girl that tried to quit me". Penny Boyd has also followed employees home, shown up at employees homes if they were late to work, and threatens to sue employees any chance she gets. Penny has refused to give me the copies of the contracts she whips out when it is convenient for herself.

I've gone to the police, labor board, and now corporate. I doubt anything will be done about it, but people really need to know how horrible of a company this is.

Preferred solution: The copies of my contracts

User's recommendation: Stop giving them your money

Szymon Tnu
map-marker Luton, Luton

Extremely poor cleaning quality

Merry Maids - Extremely poor cleaning quality
Merry Maids - Extremely poor cleaning quality - Image 2
Merry Maids - Extremely poor cleaning quality - Image 3
Merry Maids - Extremely poor cleaning quality - Image 4
Blackpool Mery Maids I advise you to stay away. A 10 hour empty house deep clean left me re-cleaning the whole house. Dirty light-headed Dirty toilet Tops of cupboards not wiped Inside cupboards not wiped Cobwebs in the utility room The list of issues goes on

User's recommendation: Go to any other company

| map-marker Edinburgh, Edinburgh

Mr Rolfe - Merry Maids - Kingston UK

hope this message finds you well. I am writing to formally lodge a complaint against the manager at Merry Maids Kingston, concerning multiple issues that have raised serious concerns during my employment.

Firstly, there appears to be a lack of knowledge about the legal requirements for checking the right to work documentation.

This has created uncertainty and potential issues for employees.

Secondly, there is a notable absence of adherence to health and safety standards within the workplace.

This oversight poses a risk to the well-being of the staff.

Most distressingly, I have received threatening letters from the manager, implying reporting me to the Board Police based on an alleged illegal status. I have retained copies of these letters as evidence.

I believe such behavior is unprofessional and creates a hostile work environment.

This is Mr Gary Rolfe from Kingston.

| map-marker Hammersmith, Hammersmith And Fulham

Merry Maids of Kingston

In all my years as a professional cleaner, carer, and support worker in the UK, and the USA. I have known a person to be belligerent, obtuse, lacking in refinement, value nor virtue, crass, and less than useless. Thus not fit for purpose. Existence is futile. This is Mr Rolfe in Kinston Upon Thames.
map-marker Port Saint Lucie, Florida

HORRIBLE COMPANY

Do not work for or use this company in general!! They are highly unprofessional and do not care about customers/future employees. I suggest anyone to stay away from this unprofessional childish thieving company!!! Good luck to those that use them or work for them :)

User's recommendation: DONT USE

map-marker Leyland, Lancashire

Unfair dismissal and thread me by letters

Mr Rolfe in Kingston Upon Thames In all my years as a professional cleaner, carer, and support worker in the UK, and the USA. I have known a person to be belligerent, obtuse, lacking in refinement, value nor virtue, crass, and less than useless. Thus not fit for purpose. Existence is futile. This is Mr Rolfe in Kinston Upon Thames

User's recommendation: Absolutely no

map-marker El Mirage, Arizona

I have used their service in the past with very good results but my most recent service was absolutely shocking and a complete disappointment.

The maid they sent was alone, elderly and couldnt really speak the language. I was constantly worried that she would fall and injure herself!

I always have two maids who use my equipment and supplies so my home is not cross contaminated. She had no idea how to use my Dyson vacuum or my Swifter tools which are excellent for dusting and cleaning the tile floors! She barely vacuumed! Barely dusted the surfaces!

She cleaned the bathrooms but I had done all of the prep! I asked for a complete refund as I did the work! It was a complete waste of my time and money! They reached out to me to come do a service visit!

I just cant believe they sent this woman on a call alone when she clearly shouldnt have been doing the assignment.

Extremely irresponsible of the management team! I understand people need the work but this is not the way to do it!

User's recommendation: Do not use them!

Diane M Bqb
map-marker Brooklyn, New York

Extremely unsatisfied

I'm was moving into another location the house was empty. I called Mer Do not use themry maids to come and do the job before my furniture arrived and the woman. They sent did absolutely nothing to the price of $623 I gave her a $50 tip before she started hoping she would do. A better job
Tonya R Jpw

| map-marker Candler, North Carolina

I have no idea I was trying to leave you a review

We're out of business now because my mom passed away and she was my business partner and I was taking care of her while she was going through chemo and radiation. Then I got real sick with my MS and epilepsy and now I can barely walk or get around. So I'm just living off social security. And it doesn't pay nothing
Loss:

Preferred solution: Nothing really I'm just sad that it went down like it did.

User's recommendation: Don't use Merry maids they treat their employees awful.

jane c Vgh
map-marker Deerfield Beach, Florida

Terrible communication

Left my home while I was out shopping - Left the door unlocked - no one bothered to tell me they were leaving. I could have been home in 5 minutes - 10/22/2021
Cons:
  • Lousy customer service
  • Poor customer service
  • Quality for price

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: None - very disappointed

David V Xns

| map-marker Randolph, New Jersey

Worst managed business in America

I had a local maid for many years who was independent and I did not like her very much (but my wife liked her). After we did not have her come in for a year during the pandemic, I went online to find a company to see if they would be any better.

I knew they would be more expensive for sure, which is fine because I was looking for a professional and quality organization.

My first task I gave to them was a deep clean which they charged $65 per hour for per person. Now I am in favor of a living wage and benefits and I am fine with a profit margin but this seemed really high for relatively low wage workers, but I figured well it is expensive then it must be better.

So first thing that happened was they called an hour AFTER they were supposed to start and said someone was sick so they needed to re-schedule. Now I understand someone being sick but I had a specific timeline and if I were running the business I would let one of my existing clients that they do weekly have the "sick person" issue and have my new client get their house cleaned at $65 per hour. But that was not their judgement.

When they finally were able to squeeze me in it was without enough time to complete all of the rooms in the house. So I got a deep cleaning of our house less 3 rooms for the bargain price roughly $900. No apologies, no we will make it up to you, basically those rooms never got deep cleaned. And if I had not followed them around and hounded them there would probably be at least 2 more rooms they would not have cleaned.

So I was quite unhappy to say the least, but I figured that I would give them a couple of regular cleanings to see if things improved.

Sadly they did not. While I have no issue with the quality of the work performed when they get to the rooms they promise, the management of the resources and the communication from management is dismal. Last minute calls, changes in schedules and all for 2x what I was paying before. Frankly, I was ready to end the relationship but I was too busy so I brought them in one more time.

The last time they came, there was a minor incident with our dog that was aggressive with the maids.

To my knowledge there was no actual contact between the dog and the maids. So instead of reaching out and calling me about the situation, I get an e-mail stating that they were cancelling our agreement to clean the house with no discussion and no courtesy call. I find this behavior very unprofessional and really ignorant of good business acumen. Maybe it is just me but before I sent such an e-mail I would have a phone conversation and discuss the situation and what can be done to remedy it.

For all they know we would have been able to arrange for the dog to be at another house during the entire future cleanings.

The bottom line is the management team makes poor judgements and puts their interests before the customers' interests. I would scrub the floor with a toothbrush before I hired anyone associated with Merry Maids again.

Cons:
  • Bad management does not put customer first

Preferred solution: Nothing, just let others know

User's recommendation: Never hire Merry Maids

James L Hqy

| map-marker Evergreen, Colorado

$500.00 paid for leaving dead mouse under sink.

Was going to have their service twice a week. Two adults, small house. After they left, we found a dead mouse under a cabinet. When called to complain, the operator got angry with us. Said since we signed up for regular service and complained, he would charge us hourly for the one service. $500.00 was the cost for a *** job.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Contact them at your own risk.

Sandra B Mny

| map-marker West Palm Beach, Florida

Incompetent cleaning. Did 3 rooms, that's the extent of my deep cleaning..

Updated by user Jun 07, 2021

Spoke to the owner or manager or boss whatever he is and he blamed me for them not finishing their job. If you sleep some of the reviews you will see they do the same thing to other people.

Original review Jun 07, 2021
I hired Merry Maids to deep clean my 3 bedroom home. After complaining that they need 2 more hours, I told them what I needed. Dust, glass tops, floor cleaned. They didn't deep clean anything. My second bedroom, my kitchen and appliances, family room and my small bathroom, never touched. There were 2 women who worked too slow. job
Loss:
Cons:
  • Lousy customer service
  • There lack of professionalism
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not hire Merry Maids

map-marker Flagstaff, Arizona

2 out of three employees not wearing masks

I called Merry Maids and the woman i spoke with acted as if this was a personal problem and not a public health Pandemic.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY