Merry Maids San Pedro poor quality and unethical owner
We rented a house in Long Beach that used this Merry Maids location to clean the house in between renters. There were 10-12 bags of rotting trash from a previous renter that were cluttering the yard and were strewn about by animals. The house owner sent Mary, the manager of this service, to our location the morning we arrived. We also had no running water at the house. We explained to Mary that there were other issues in the house, but she refused to come in to assist. We are not sure if it was her job to fix the issues, but since the owner sent her, we assumed there was some connection.
About 30 hours later, on day 2 of our short vacation, 2 more maids came to the house to remove the trash. They talked to my brother, saw the trash, and called the owner of the house to tell him that they REFUSED to remove the trash, citing that it was too much to put in their car, and that it was messy (bags were ripped by animals and dripping or spilling trash already.)
Regarding the house, our feet were filthy within an hour of walking on the uncarpeted flooring, indicating that it had NOT been cleaned in a long time. Also, i spilled some water on the kitchen floor, and when I cleaned it up, the paper towels I used were black with dirty, indicating that the kitchen floor had not been cleaned in a while. Dishes that we used still had food on them, so we had to wash every dish before we used it. A film of grease was on the stove and counter, as well as other fixtures in the kitchen. The back patio, which we would have liked to use, was unusable due to the amount of fruit from a tree in the yard. The patio was covered with small rotting guavas that had clearly been there a while, so no one had swept the patio in over a month in order for those fruits to be at that level of decomposition. The sheets and pillow cases had hair on them, and the showers were also not clean. The floors in the bathroom had mold in the corners.
We have pictures to prove most of these points. There were many other issues like no lighting in the hallways and on the staircases.
Mary, the first maid to come see us, was quick to tell us that she had just been out to clean the house shortly before we came. We asked, "but if there was no water, how did you clean the house?" She backpedaled and said that there was water when she came. This might be true and we can't be sure, but it sure seemed questionable. Then when the other maids called Shane, the owner of the house, to tell him that they refused to take the massive amount of trash with them, we grew more suspicious.
Only after some investigation and complaints to the wrong Merry Maid service did I find out that the owner of our home was ALSO the owner of the San Pedro Merry Maid service, which explains why they Mary was trying to cover for him as well as why the other two maids called him directly to refuse to do what he asked. Luckily my brother was present for that phone call and knows that the owner knew there was an issue. Sadly, these ladies were probably just in fear of not losing his business, but in fear of losing their own jobs.
The second day, after the water was turned on, there was a massive leak in the master toilet, so the owner Shane Shalev had to hire a plumber to come out to fix it. The plumber also called Shane in front of my brother and told him there were several issues that needed his attention. Shane ignored these issues for FIVE mornings and left all the trash there until after my family left.
So not only do the maids do a poor job cleaning, but the owner of this establishment is an unethical, uncaring, reprehensible businessman who has questionable morals. He takes the money of families and rents them a house that is a health hazard, dirty, fire hazard, and refuses to solve issues that he knew about even before we arrived at his house (we found his "to-do" list that indicated he knew of many of the issues.
If you want poor quality and a lack of ethics, then this business is "maid" for you.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Terrible cleaning
- Being lied to
- Owner is unethical
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Merry Maids House Cleaning
- Review category
- Cleaning Services
You May Also Like
- "All the lettering on both machines you can wash off with your finger, called customer service with LG I was told cosmetic, they want stand behind it read your owners..."
- " Metal Roof Outlet, AKA Dura-lock Roofing, AKA DLD Roofing installed a Allmet metal roof on my house on around August 10 2010. The sheets..."
- "Bad experience. Owner was rude. Office manager was condescending. Company did not return today at 8am as promised last Thurs. Did not call to cancel..."
- "I did a search. The report listed nothing! No marriages, no divorces. No arrest records, nothing! It did list the previous addresses, but that was it...."
- "Aamco Transmission Complaint 2-20-16 I changed my truck transmission filter & fluids and found a piece of metal at the bottom of the transmission oil pan. I was not sure what the..."
- "This review is valid exercise of my constitutional rights of freedom of speech and petition for the redress of grievances per CAL. CCP. CODE 425.16 : California Code - Section..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."
- "Hi, My Order was Declined but it was already paid! I ordered an item from lazada which is "ZJ - 5802LD Mini Portable Android Bluetooth 2.0 58mm Thermal Receipt Printer..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."