Merry Maids House Cleaning Service Review

First time ever using a cleaning service and now I know why.We have roughly 3000 sq ft, 4 bedroom house.

We had a walkthrough with a Merry Maid rep who told us they would thoroughly clean every room, dust, vacuum, wash floors, clean kitchen, etc. Told us they would have a 2 person crew spend as much time as necessary (or at least 3 hours). I was a little skeptical, as it takes 2 of us 4-5 hours to clean. I monitored the time they were in my house by my house alarm.

They were in and out in an hour. ONE HOUR! It's nearly impossible to make a dent in an hour, let alone clean an entire house in an hour!! When I contacted the rep, she assured me the house was clean, and I should just wait to see when I got home, and if it wasn't cleaned to my satisfaction, she would send them back.

When I got home, I checked every piece of furniture and NOTHING had been disturbed!! They didn't dust or even pretend to dust by dusting around things! I sent pictures to the rep who told me that if I wanted them to actually clean my house the way she originally told me they would, it would cost me $330, not the original amount of $110!! Their paperwork clearly states that they would dust, mop, vacuum, wash floors in ALL my rooms...not what they could squeeze in in an hour!!

What a waste of money and time.Save your money, do it yourself.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Quality of cleaning
    • There lack of professionalism
    • Being lied to
    • Quality of work for price i paid

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Merry Maids House Cleaning Service
Review category
Cleaning Services
review #931059

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Merry Maids? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Merry Maids. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Merry Maids.
Filing a new complaint about