First time ever using a cleaning service and now I know why.We have roughly 3000 sq ft, 4 bedroom house.
We had a walkthrough with a Merry Maid rep who told us they would thoroughly clean every room, dust, vacuum, wash floors, clean kitchen, etc. Told us they would have a 2 person crew spend as much time as necessary (or at least 3 hours). I was a little skeptical, as it takes 2 of us 4-5 hours to clean. I monitored the time they were in my house by my house alarm.
They were in and out in an hour. ONE HOUR! It's nearly impossible to make a dent in an hour, let alone clean an entire house in an hour!! When I contacted the rep, she assured me the house was clean, and I should just wait to see when I got home, and if it wasn't cleaned to my satisfaction, she would send them back.
When I got home, I checked every piece of furniture and NOTHING had been disturbed!! They didn't dust or even pretend to dust by dusting around things! I sent pictures to the rep who told me that if I wanted them to actually clean my house the way she originally told me they would, it would cost me $330, not the original amount of $110!! Their paperwork clearly states that they would dust, mop, vacuum, wash floors in ALL my rooms...not what they could squeeze in in an hour!!
What a waste of money and time.Save your money, do it yourself.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of cleaning
- There lack of professionalism
- Being lied to
- Quality of work for price i paid
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I have a white carpet,with some stains and high traffic dirt. I made an appointment and was hoping for at least a cleaner carpet. I wasn't expecting miracles on the..."
- "DO NOT USE these crooks! 1) late! 2) they demand payment before 'cleaning'carpet 3) advertised steam cleaning but ran MY hot water for 2 hrs and left carpet soaking..."
- "BEWARE OF MAP QUEST ROUTING INSTRUCTIONS! I have written a complaint to Mapquest. They have failed to contact me or make corrects to their mapping software. They..."
- "In late 2011, we decided to upgrade several major appliances, going with all LG, trusting that they would have a reasonably long life. Since then, these LG products have progressively given..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."